Home > Admissions > Campus visits
Tips for campus visits
- Call a college or university admissions office to schedule a campus tour. If you want to know more about particular programs, activities or sports, also ask to meet with someone in those areas.
- Write your questions in a notebook and take it along.
- On the tour ask about academic programs, clubs and activities, study-abroad programs, special services you might need, tuition and other costs, and where to find out about financial aid and scholarships.
- Talk to students, faculty and staff as you tour the campus.
- Check out the library, computer labs, bookstore, cafeteria and the campus neighborhood.
- If you plan to live on campus, ask to see a typical dorm room. Or ask about off-campus housing options.
- Ask about part-time jobs and if help is available to find them since many students also work.