Chapter 3 - Educational Policies
Part 1. Purpose
To establish consistent standards, processes, and conditions for the creation and operation of college program advisory committees.
Part 2. Definitions
A community college, technical college, or community and technical college.
College program advisory committee
A formally organized committee that provides expert advice and assistance to college professional-technical programs.
Part 3. College Program Advisory Committee Procedure
Each college shall adopt a program advisory committee procedure that addresses the following topics:
- Membership, including students appointed in accordance with Board Policy 2.3, size, roles, requisite knowledge and skills, and terms
- Structure and governance
- Meeting schedule
- Work plan and priorities
- Career and transfer pathways
- Recommendations and documentation
Part 4. Oversight and Accountability
Subpart A. Public accountability
Program advisory committee procedure, work plans, membership, and meeting minutes must be made available upon request.
Subpart B. Evaluation
Each college shall regularly evaluate its program advisory committees and use the information for continuous improvement.
- Policy 2.3 Student Involvement in Decision Making
- Policy 3.30 College Program Advisory Committees
- Procedure 3.36.1 Academic Programs
Date of Adoption: 03/25/10,
Date of Implementation: 07/01/10,
Date of Last Review: 02/16/16,
Date & Subject of Revisions:
02/16/16, Applied new writing and formatting standards, deleted or replaced obsolete language, added “Career and transfer pathways” to Part 3, and deleted Part 4, Subpart 3, Reporting.
No additional HISTORY