Procedure 3.38.1 Career Information
Chapter 3 - Educational Policies
Part 1. Purpose. This procedure provides direction to system colleges and universities in implementing Board Policy 3.38 Career Information to provide information on career exploration and job opportunity information to occupational program students.
Part 2. Definition. For purposes of this procedure, occupational programs are technical and professional academic programs that prepare students for employment. Colleges and universities have different roles in preparing learners for the workforce, so this definition may have differing applications to the two sectors.
Part 3. Policy Requirements. Each system college and university shall establish a policy to provide information on career exploration and job opportunities to all students enrolled in occupational programs. The policy shall include provisions for providing information to students as listed below.
- System colleges and universities shall provide information about sources of career exploration and job opportunities information, including links to appropriate websites such as ISEEK, MCIS, CareerOneStop, and GPS LifePlan to all prospective students.
- During the online admission application process, students who indicate interest in occupational programs shall be directed to websites that provide information about career exploration and job opportunities.
- During any orientation process, system colleges and universities shall provide information, using appropriate media, about career exploration and job opportunities to all new students.
- Annually, each system college and university shall notify all students about the availability of resources for obtaining career exploration and job prospect information.
- Information about career information and job prospect information shall be made readily available on each system college and university website.
- The system office shall make curriculum and best practices on career exploration, which can be incorporated into existing courses, available to system colleges and universities.
Part 4. Evaluation. Each system college and university shall provide information required by the system office to evaluate the effectiveness of its efforts to provide career exploration and job prospect information to occupational program students.
- Board Policy 3.38 Career Information
Date of Adoption: 9/29/10,
Date of Implementation: 9/29/10,
Date and Subject of Revisions:
1/25/12 - The Chancellor amends all current system procedures effective February 15, 2012, to change the term "Office of the Chancellor" to "system office" or similar term reflecting the grammatical context of the sentence.
There is no additional HISTORY for procedure 3.38.1.