Chapter 3 - Educational Policies
Click here for a PDF copy of this procedure.
for Board Policy 3.38
Part 1. Purpose
This procedure implements Board Policy 3.38 Career Information and establishes consistent practices among system colleges and universities on providing career exploration and job opportunity information to occupational program students.
Part 2. Definition
For purposes of this procedure, occupational programs are technical and professional academic programs that prepare students for employment. Colleges and universities have different roles in preparing learners for the workforce, so this definition may have differing applications to the two sectors.
Part 3. College and University Requirements
Each college and university shall provide information on career exploration and job opportunities to all students enrolled in occupational programs as listed below.
- Colleges and universities shall provide access to sources of career exploration and job opportunities information, especially current online resources to current and prospective students.
- During the admission application process, students who indicate interest in occupational programs must be directed to websites that provide information about career exploration and job opportunities.
- During student orientation processes, colleges and universities shall provide information, using appropriate media, about career exploration and job opportunities.
- Each academic term, colleges and universities shall notify all students about the availability of resources for obtaining career exploration and job prospect information.
- Career information and job prospect information must be made readily available on each college and university website.
- The chancellor shall make curriculum and best practices on career exploration that can be incorporated into existing courses, available to colleges and universities.
To view any of the following related statutes, go to the Revisor's Web site (http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/
). You can conduct a search from this site by typing in the statute number.
- Minn. Stat. § 136F.37, Job Placement Impact on Program Review, Information to Students
Date of Adoption: 9/29/10
Date of Implementation: 9/29/10
Date of Last Review: 2/16/16
Date and Subject of Amendments:
2/16/16 - Editorial and formatting changes made throughout, deleted vendor names. Removed Part 4. Evaluation. Added Date of Last Review in Policy History section.
1/25/12 - The Chancellor amends all current system procedures effective February 15, 2012, to change the term "Office of the Chancellor" to "system office" or similar term reflecting the grammatical context of the sentence.
No additional HISTORY.