Chapter 5 - Administration
Part 1. Purpose
To establish a consistent structure of due dates for tuition and fee payments and the registration cancellation process.
Part 2. Tuition and Fee Payment Related Dates
Colleges and universities are required to adhere to the following tuition and fee payment framework.
- The financial obligation date is fifteen business days prior to the start of the term.
- Start of the term is the first day classes are held.
- Colleges and universities shall run the Registration Cancellation process for unpaid credit registrations on the sixth business day of the term.
- Full payment is due twenty-five business days after the start of the term unless the student has obtained an approved tuition and fee payment plan.
Part 3. Registration Cancellation
Colleges and universities may begin using the Registration Cancellation process for unpaid credit registrations fifteen business days prior to the start of the term through the end of the fifth business day of the term.
Using the Registration Cancellation process, colleges and universities shall cancel student registration for all credit courses unless one of the following conditions has been met:
- The student has paid 15 percent of the tuition and fees due or made a $300 down payment towards tuition and fees, whichever is less;
- an Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) has been received by the college or university
- the student has enrolled in an approved tuition and fee payment plan;
- the student has received an approved deferral at the college or university; or
- the student has received an approved waiver at least equal to the amount of tuition and fees due.
- Policy 5.12 Tuition and Fee Due Dates, Refunds, Withdrawals and Waivers
- Procedure 5.12.1 Military Service and Disabled Veterans
- Procedure 5.12.2 Tuition Waivers and Deferrals
- Procedure 5.12.4 Refund of Tuition and Fees
- Procedure 5.12.5 Payment Plans
Date of Adoption: 05/16/06
Date of Implementation: 08/15/06
Date of Last Review: 08/08/16
Date and Subject of Amendments:
8/8/16 - The title was amended. Part 2 was removed. Parts 3 & 4 were switched to more accurately reflect the intent of the procedure. Changed the date at which the college or university shall run registration cancellation process from the fifth business day to the sixth. Added statement clarifying that the college or university must document the reasons for granting an exception to the registration cancellation process. Additional changes for format consistency and clarity.
5/20/11 - Effective fall term of 2012, however, colleges and universities are encouraged to implement earlier if practical. Name change from "Tuition and Fee Payment Due Date" to "Common Framework of Key Payment Related Dates". Replace Part 3, "Registration Cancellation for Nonpayment of Tuition and Fees" with Part 4, "Tuition and Fee Payment Related Dates" which specifies the payment related dates relative to the start of the term. Added Part 3, "Registration Cancellation", clarifying criteria used by the registration cancellation for non-payment process and allowing for individual exceptions granted by the college or university.
No additional HISTORY