- College/University: Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Associate of Science in Chemistry consists of the sequential chemistry, math, physics and other courses which will transfer to either a BA or BS in chemistry or to diverse chemistry-related programs at many four-year colleges and universities. The career paths for chemistry majors are practically endless, depending on skills and interest. A chemistry major could lead to any of the following possibilities: laboratory research, forensic science, chemical engineering, medicine, health sciences, chemical industry, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, environmental sciences, food science, law, hazardous waste management, geochemistry, metallurgy, consumer products and teaching. Many career options in chemistry require a bachelor's or advanced degree. Students planning a degree in chemistry or one of the above fields should contact the chemistry department and work with a counselor or advisor to identify transfer options. A visit to the intended transfer institution by the spring of the first year is highly recommended.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Fergus Falls 56537
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Moorhead 56560