Marine Engine Technology
- College/University: Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 69
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Marine Engine Technology AAS is designed to train individuals to be competent marine technicians with the skills needed for management and manufacturer technical positions. The primary focus of the program is the diagnosis, service and repair of outboard and stern-drive engines, with the understanding that graduates may need to explain these various systems to customers. Our students perform services on modern marine products using special tools and test equipment. Along with taking factory certification exams, students learn how to plan and perform repairs according to various manufacturers' recommended procedures. This program is designed for individuals who are looking toward a goal of management, technical manufacturer service or business ownership.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Detroit Lakes 56501