- College/University: Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Administrative Assistant prepares the student for employment in a business office setting. Administrative assistant personnel are needed in virtually every type of business and are essential in helping offices run effectively and efficiently. The graduate will have achieved a broad base of both specialized skills and general education knowledge, which will contribute to growth in an office environment. The general education courses will also benefit students who may wish to transfer to another program or institution to advance their education. Throughout this program, students will develop the office skills, knowledge and attitudes required by today's employers. Students will develop higher-level skills of strong verbal, listening and writing skills; interpersonal skills and the ability to keep confidences; technology skills using and integrating a variety of software applications; developing organizational, time management, team building, customer service and soft skills; and developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills to create a positive office environment.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Moorhead 56560