Automotive Service Technology
- College/University: Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 72
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The automotive service technician works in an exciting and rapidly changing industry. Students in this program will receive training in the many service and diagnostic procedures necessary to maintain our nation on wheels. Students are trained in modern laboratories equipped with current service and testing equipment. Students in Automotive Service Technology have the option of choosing between diploma and AAS degree programs. Students entering this program should have good mechanical aptitude, good communication skills and the ability to read and comprehend service literature. Graduates of this program will have a variety of opportunities including drive line technician, drivability technician, alignment and suspension specialist, transmission specialist, service adviser and manager. A student with an AAS degree will be better prepared for advancement which may include factory and dealer representatives, management and self-employment.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Moorhead 56560