- College/University: Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- Award: Diploma
- Credits: 36
- Delivery: Offered entirely online with face-to-face options available for some/all sections.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The pharmacy technician works as an assistant to a registered pharmacist, assisting or relieving the pharmacist in routine technical and clerical duties and functioning in strict accordance with standard written procedures and guidelines under the supervision of the professional pharmacist. Students, using their own laptop computers, learn how to access patient profiles, input drug orders and print prescription labels. They learn how to fill prescriptions and aseptic technique for intravenous drug admixture in the college's state-of-the-art teaching lab. The work done by pharmacy technicians allows pharmacists to spend more time with patients on medication management. Individuals entering the program must complete a background check required by the Minnesota Human Services licensing division. Individuals who do not receive a clear background check may participate in the program but may not be allowed to participate in clinical and/or field experience courses.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Fergus Falls 56537
- Minnesota State University Moorhead 56563
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Detroit Lakes 56501
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Wadena 56482