Electrical Line Worker Technology
- College/University: Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 68
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Electrical Line Worker Technology program provides trained personnel for the power industry. Coursework provides both theory and practical hands-on experience in all phases of power line construction and maintenance. Coursework includes electrical math, national electrical safety codes, construction of overhead and underground distribution systems, conductor applications, over-voltage and over-current protection, guying and pole grounding. The 90-acre training field located near the campus provides a site for hands-on experience in pole setting. The successful graduate is eligible for employment in rural electric and municipal utilities or with private contractors.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Wadena 56482