Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- College/University: Hennepin Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 72
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Trained personnel are in critical short supply for the demands of the residential and commercial heating and air conditioning industry. With the increased need for energy efficient heating and cooling systems, new energy codes and exploding technology advancements, opportunities in the residential/commercial HVAC field are unlimited. The residential/commercial air conditioning, heating and refrigeration areas include working on heat/cool rooftop units, high-efficiency electronically controlled forced air furnaces and hydronic boilers, chillers and large-building computerized energy management control systems, ice cube machines, walk-in coolers/freezers and display cases. The HVAC technician should have the ability to install, retrofit, service and repair residential/commercial air handling units that have the capabilities of cooling, heating, humidifying, dehumidifying and filtration of air for environmental control.
- Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park 55445
- Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie 55347