Fluid Power Mechanic
- College/University: Hennepin Technical College
- Award: Diploma
- Credits: 34
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Fluid Power Mechanic fabricates, assembles, repairs and tests hydraulic and pneumatic components. The mechanic must follow instructions, read schematics, read precision measuring devices, record data and analyze test data. This person troubleshoots automated equipment, performs routine maintenance and connects units to automated control systems. Individuals with previous mechanical experience, small engine or automotive backgrounds do extremely well in the Fluid Power Mechanic program. This program is designed to prepare an individual to meet the challenges of current industry trends. The program courses cover hydraulics, pneumatics, blueprint reading, programmable logic controls and industrial electricity.
- Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park 55445
- Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie 55347