Engineering CAD Technology
- College/University: Hennepin Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 72
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Engineering CAD Technology degree is designed for students seeking a career in the design and development of manufactured products. Engineering CAD Technicians are specialists in translating the rough sketches, layouts and written specifications of the engineer or more senior designer into a drawing showing complete details and specifications. For nearly every type of fabricated products, from a light fixture to a motorcycle, or a computer monitor to a bridge, a design technician is needed to detail the entire project and its component parts. Strength calculations, product reliability, computer aided design (CAD) and specifications, and cost of materials may also be the responsibilities of the person trained in the occupation.
- Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park 55445
- Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie 55347