Emergency Medical Services
- College/University: Minnesota West Community and Technical College
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 16
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
An instructional program that prepares individuals to perform initial medical diagnosis, treatment, and comprehensive care in medical crises, under the general supervision of a coordinating physician. Includes instruction in all aspects of basic health care; disease, disorder, and injury symptomatology and diagnosis; emergency medical treatment procedures for various injuries and disease outbreaks; basic pharmacology; anesthetics; intravenous and other drug administration procedures; obstetrics procedures; basic surgical techniques; emergency medical equipment operation and maintenance; special care of patients exposed to heat, cold, radiation, or contagious disease; and administrative aspects of emergency medicine. Programs may include emergency vehicle operation and patient transportation procedures, depending on level of training.
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College, Canby 56220
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College, Granite Falls 56241
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College, Jackson 56143
- Marshall Center 56258