- College/University: Minnesota State College Southeast
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Carpentry program prepares the student with skills and knowledge for a career in residential carpentry. Technical and general studies courses provide the student with a mix of technical and general education, theory and hands-on learning experiences, The student in this program progresses from basic skills to those required of a carpenter. General areas of study include building codes, blueprint reading and sketching, estimating, site layout, concrete, framing, interior and exterior finish, Cabinet making and installation, and decks. The Carpentry diploma program provides graduates with skills required of a carpenter in a variety of building construction settings common in both rural and metropolitan area.
- Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical, Winona 55987