- College/University: Central Lakes College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
A graphic designer is a creative problem solver who is trained to conceive, plan, and execute a design that communicates a direct message to an audience in an imaginative and visually arresting manner. Effective visual communication requires a graphic designer to communicate ideas and information in ways that will get the attention of and motivate a viewer. Ideas are generated through a design process in which graphic designers research, organize, and interpret the information; define the objectives; originate ideas; and create new visual forms. New and constantly evolving computer and communication technologies further challenge the role of the graphic designer in creating imaginative and clear messages for vastly different audiences. Meeting this challenge requires use of the best media tools for development and delivery of ideas and information: print, photography, packaging, logos, publications, the internet, film, television, and animation.
- Central Lakes College, Brainerd 56401
- Central Lakes College, Staples 56479