- College/University: Central Lakes College
- Award: Associate of Science
- Credits: 64
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Registered nurses work to promote health, prevent disease, and help clients cope with illness. They are advocates and health educators for clients, families, and communities. When providing direct client care they observe, assess, and record symptoms, responses, and progress of clients; assist physicians during examinations, treatments, and surgeries; administer medications; and assist in convalescence and rehabilitation. Registered nurses develop and manage nursing care plans and must possess critical thinking and problem solving skills. The Associate in Science Nursing Degree at Central Lakes College is a mobility program and is designed to educate and prepare qualified Licensed Practical Nurses to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses. The program is one calendar year in length, beginning in June with graduation the following May.
- Central Lakes College, Brainerd 56401
- Central Lakes College, Staples 56479