- College/University: Northland Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Pharmacy Technician works as an assistant to a Registered Pharmacist, assisting or relieving the Pharmacist in routine technical and clerical duties and functioning in strict accordance with standard written procedures and guidelines under the supervision of the professional Pharmacist. A.A.S. graduates have enhanced potential for upward progression in the career of Pharmacy, as the general education component gives the student a well-rounded foundation of knowledge. Students, using their own laptop computers, learn how to access patient profiles, input drug orders, and print prescription labels. They learn how to fill prescriptions and aseptic technique for intravenous drug admixture in the College's state-of-the art teaching lab.
- Northland Community and Technical College, East Grand Forks 56721