- College/University: Northland Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 78
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Graduates of this Associate of Applied Science degree program will be qualified and skilled as entry level Firefighter/Paramedics. This program provides an opportunity for students to obtain basic and advanced instruction in fire fighting, rescue, hazardous materials incident response and paramedic knowledge, skills and techniques. The Firefighter/Paramedic is a person who works in the exciting, expanding field(s) of Fire Protection Services and Emergency Medical Services (EMS). The program consists of general education and technical coursework, including classroom as well as technical hands-on training to enable the student to become familiar with all aspects of an entry level Firefighter/Paramedic. The specialization and advanced education and training in the care and transport of the critically ill and injured can mean the difference between life and death. A.A.S. degree graduates have enhanced potential for upward progression in the career of a Firefighter/Paramedic.
- Northland Community and Technical College, East Grand Forks 56721