- College/University: Northland Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 78
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
As a Respiratory Therapist you can hold an exciting position on the health care team. Under the supervision of a physician, the Respiratory Therapist is responsible for oxygen and gas therapy, care of patients with cardiopulmonary problems including cardiopulmonary arrest, delivery of aerosolized medication, chest physiotherapy, obtaining and analyzing arterial blood gas specimens, pulmonary function testing, maintenance of patients in need of mechanical ventilators, and education of patients and families. University of Minnesota-Crookston offers students the opportunity to transfer into designated baccalaureate programs; Bachelor of Science in Technical Studies (Empahsis Respiratory Care), or in Applied Management-Health Management.
- Northland Community and Technical College, East Grand Forks 56721