- College/University: Northland Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 62
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Fire Technology-AAS program provides an opportunity for students to obtain basic and advanced instruction in fire fighting techniques, fire prevention, rescue, and management of fire services. The major also provides instruction to become involved in all phases of the decision-making process from entry level through the company officer level, focusing on improving productivity and safety. The program consists of approximately one-third general education and two-thirds technical coursework, including classroom as well as technical hands-on training to enable the student to become familiar with all aspects of fire fighting from entry-level to advanced levels. Also included is an instructional area entitled-job skills. This instruction will be offered through students' local fire departments. Students who are not connected with a fire department will be assisted in finding a site.
- Northland Community and Technical College, East Grand Forks 56721