- College/University: Riverland Community College
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 17
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This certificate program introduces students to basic concepts, theories, operations, tools, and applications of Precision Agriculture, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Global Positioning Systems (GPS). The Precision Agriculture Certificate is the study of how the productivity of a field is optimized by agronomic inputs based on real-time data variability found within a field. Computer technology is applied in precision agriculture along with basic diagnosis of common equipment malfunctions. The certificate offers an introduction of GIS concepts, map projections and coordinate systems, basic data models, data sources and types, operations and processing, and GIS analysis and spatial modeling. Basic principles of GPS and how these systems operate to improve accuracy are included in the certificate program.
- Riverland Community College, Albert Lea 56007
- Riverland Community College, Austin 55912