- College/University: Riverland Community College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Offered entirely online with face-to-face options available for some/all sections.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Administrative Assistants are seen as part of the management team and have administrative functions including planning, organizing and directing. These individuals prepare correspondence, manage files, retrieve documents, perform electronic calendaring, and handle telephone messages and faxes. Other duties include processing mail, communicating using electronic mail, composing letters, preparing itineraries, recording meeting minutes, collecting data and performing research, generating reports, maintaining budgets, applying accounting principles, and supervising office employees. Advanced training on computer applications is offered along with basics such as keyboarding, communications, and speedwriting.
- Riverland Community College, Albert Lea 56007