Wind Turbine Technician
- College/University: Riverland Community College
- Award: Diploma
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Wind Energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. The sharp rise in energy consumption along with the concern about dependency on foreign oil, the high price of gasoline and the increasing interest in sustainable resources have fueled the renewable energy industry, of which wind generation is a growing entity. As the wind energy industry continues to grow the need for employees to service the wind generators and wind turbines will increase. Like many parts of Minnesota, SE Minnesota is fast becoming a major wind generation market. In recent years wind farms are cropping up all over southeastern Minnesota with plans for more. The Wind Turbine Technician diploma program will offer students a new career path within the Riverland Construction Electrician and Industrial Maintenance and Mechanics Programs.
- Riverland Community College, Albert Lea 56007
- Riverland Community College, Austin 55912
- Riverland Community College, Owatonna 55060