- College/University: Ridgewater College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 66
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Ridgewater�s Carpentry program has the perfect blend of classroom, lab, and construction site experiences - culminating in the building of one or two houses each year. During the first year, students are involved in a variety of hands-on lab activities including framing, rafter systems, stair construction, exterior and interior finish, cabinetry, concrete work and remodeling. The classroom focuses on everything from carpentry principles to green construction methods. In the second year, students get hands-on construction experience from footings to the ridge cap. They learn advanced techniques and practice construction management skills and what it takes to run a job. Second-year students also work on job scheduling, building and site layout, material organization, building energy code, and advanced estimating.
- Ridgewater College, Willmar 56201