Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- College/University: Ridgewater College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 67
- Delivery: Offered entirely online with face-to-face options available for some/all sections.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Ridgewater Computer Aided Drafting and Design program prepares individuals for careers in mechanical drafting and design. The curriculum includes instruction with industry current software including AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks, Creo and MasterCAM. In addition to learning operations of each of these software applications, students are encouraged to specialize in one or more based on the industry/company they are or will be working for. Students are exposed to a variety of drafting, design, and engineering related projects including mechanical components and assemblies, molds and dies, structural, fixtures, and electrical and printed circuitry. Students create engineering drawings based on the ASME Y14.5 standard on Dimensioning and Tolerancing. Ridgewater is unique in that classes are offered concurrently on the Willmar and Hutchinson campuses, and fully on-line for those students whose schedule, learning preference, and/or distance do not allow them to come to campus for classes.
- Ridgewater College, Hutchinson 55350
- Ridgewater College, Willmar 56201