- College/University: South Central College
- Award: Diploma
- Credits: 35
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Students will learn the technical skills of various types of welding using various types of materials. They will learn critical safety skills, along with how to read mechanical drawings and prints specific to welding and applied math skills. Students will gain instruction and practice in the welding lab with Shielded Metal Arc, Tungsten Arc, Metal Arc, and plasma cutting and brazing. Students will also receive the Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Production Technician credential, which allows students to show competency in Safety, Maintenance, Process & Production, and Quality Practices in a manufacturing setting.
- South Central College, Mankato 56003
- South Central College, Faribault 55021