- College/University: South Central College
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 16
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Welders have the ability to take their skills and cross over into a variety of fields. This skilled trade program helps you acquire the skills needed for welding in construction, fabrication, plant maintenance settings and more. Covered in the one semester is: a 10-hour OSHA approved safety orientation, practice in welding training booths were you will weld on plates, pipes and metal. You will also be using industry-standard tools to cut and separate metal. Lab time is used to practice welding plate metal, carbon steel plates, aluminum, and stainless steel and making precision cuts in steel plates and pipe using superheated gasses.
- South Central College, Mankato 56003
- South Central College, Faribault 55021