Computer system requirements
To run a system check, go to your D2L Brightspace login page and click on "Please click here for a System Check before you login."
To complete an online degree program or take courses completely from your home computer, your computer system will need to meet some basic minimum requirements to be able to use D2L, our online learning management system.
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher
- Office Suite: Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2013
- Computer Type: Laptop
- Processor: Intel Core i5 processor or higher
- Hard Drive: 160 GB hard drive or larger
- RAM: 4 GB required
- CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive required
- Ethernet Network required
- Wireless Network required
- USB Flash Drive
- Strongly Recommended - 1GB+
When you enroll in a program or course with a specific school, check with that school for additional options and requirements (e.g., Microsoft Word is required by many online instructors) specific to online learning.
- D2L Brightspace Support Site. Up-to-date information, recommendations and requirements for the D2L Brightspace learning management system.