Procedure/Action to Take
- Dial *57 on your phone immediately after a bomb threat to trace the call.
- Remain calm. Use the attached Telephone Checklist to record information concerning the bomb threat. Have this list ready for the authorities.
- Call 9-911 (9 to get an outside line and then 911) and building security 651-298-9882. Give the following information to both:
- State "I have received a bomb threat."
- Company name: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
- Address: 30 East 7th Street.
- Floor and suite number.
- Give the name and phone number of the person who received the call.
- After you have made the above calls, notify the following:
- Tracy Worsley, Emergency Procedures Director 651-201-1797 or Sheila Reger, Director of Personnel 651-201-1841
- DO NOT touch suspicious objects if found.
- See Evacuation Procedure
This is what happens during a bomb threat:
- Police and building personnel are notified.
- A search is made by police and/or building personnel.
- Building security and system office management will determine if evacuation is necessary.
- If evacuation is advised, floor monitors will assist emergency personnel with the orderly evacuation of the building. Follow the posted Evacuation Procedures.
- The police or bomb squad will contact and question the person who received the bomb threat.
- An "all clear" will be given when authorized by building management.